About Swaziland Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism [CCM]
It is a public-private partnership in the governance of national disease programs. As individuals, CCM members are accountable to the sectors they represent and as a group the CCM is accountable to the nation. On behalf of the country, CCM requests financing from the Global Fund, and provide strategic oversight to ensure effective and strategic implementation of programs.
- Mobilize resources for HIV, TB and Malaria from Global Fund
- Nominate Principal Recipient(s) (PRs) to implement Global Fund grants
- Oversee PR performance in program implementation
- Engage stakeholders in periodic reviews of programs
- Approve mid-term requests for continued funding
- Harmonize and align GF grants with other national activities
The Executive CommitteeThe Executive Committee consists of the CCM Chair, Vice-Chair, and TWO other substantive members as are chosen by the CCM from different Constituencies represented on the CCM. This Committee makes management decisions that do not require the full CCM to convene. The functions of this committee include;
- Assist CCM to resolve bottlenecks in grant implementation (e.g., VAT, procurement, HR).
- Assist PR to identify areas for reprogramming and presents these to CCM members for approval.
- Represents CCM on high-level issues.